Monday, July 15, 2013

Chocolate Almond Shake aka Skinny Shake

After a hot summer day, nothing is better than a cool shake.  The blender jar was freshly washed and calling out to me.  I came across a recipe for a "Skinny Shake" and was inspired.  With a base of almond milk and ice cubes, I was ready to try it!  The original called for a banana...but that's on the allergy list.  I used almond butter instead, and it was perfect!

Chocolate Almond Shake aka Skinny Shake

3/4 c Almond Milk 
2 cups Ice Cubes (about 15)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
3 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Honey (optional)

Blend and enjoy!  This drink was refreshing and delicious.  I drank it too quickly to take a picture!  This is definitely going in the regular rotation...

Stay cool, everyone!

-Kelly Ruffino

No comments:

Post a Comment